Tuesday, March 3, 2009

James Littlejohn - Biography

James Littlejohn started in comedy at the age of seven, when he was hired to write puns for America's Funniest Home Videos. He quickly grew disenchanted and left after a feud with the producers over artistic differences. Out of comedy, he become head bouncer at Chuck E. Cheese and flirted with gang life.

"They were difficult years," Littlejohn recalls. "In hindsight, they were actually the best years though. I'm pretty sure I think I remember learning a lot about myself."

At BYU, Littlejohn joined Humor U, nearly driving it into the ground multiple times.

"I felt the club should completely focus on jokes about diseases," he says. "I was wrong. The profanity and drug abuse didn't help either. But we bounced back -- that's what we do. That's what we've always done."

Littlejohn is still a bouncer -- a bouncer-backer.

or

James Littlejohn's Bio 100

I started as a one-celled zygote. As predetermined by my genetic composition, I then turned into a fish-like embryo. For a short period in the womb I even had gills. Nutrified, I developed into a fetus and eventually busted out into the real world. I have the normal number of chromosomes, but an extra leg. I could have it removed, but it has become my comfort limb. From 2 until 10, my bones grew and so did my hair; then I hit adolescence and they really started to grow.